We want to make sure that everyone is made aware of the new ramp meter being activated by Caltrans this coming Monday July 8th.
Location: Highway 65 southbound onramp at eastbound Blue Oaks Blvd.
Dates and times: 07/08/2013 6:00am
Type: Ramp Meter Activation
Reason: A Ramp Metering traffic signal has been installed by Caltrans to relieve congestion on Highway 65 and to allow for safe merging from the on-ramp to the highway. The meter is being activated by Caltrans.
- The ramp metering is necessary to relieve congestion on Highway 65 and to allow for safe merging from the on-ramp to the highway.
- Metering will begin on July 8th. However, the green ball should remain on for the first week of activation.
- Stop and go metering should begin on July 15th and operate from 6 AM to 9 AM and from 2 PM to 6 PM.
- CHP will likely be in the vicinity of the ramp to enforce the new meters.
- A traffic study has been completed to set the metering rate. It is expected that the rate of these meters will be similar to other meters within the City of Roseville with a maximum wait time of 2 to 3 minutes and no blocking of city streets. The intersection of Blue Oaks and Washington should remain unaffected.
- For two to three days following the stop and go activation of the ramp meters, Caltrans will have staff on site to monitor and adjust the ramp metering to ensure optimal operation.
For additional Information contact: Deanna Shoopman, Caltrans Public Information Officer, (530) 741-4572