WestPark Phase IV - Overview of Proposed Changes
May 8th - 7 PM - Chilton Middle School - Library
Developer WestPark Associates will give a brief overview of the project and answer questions.
You can download the meeting agenda here
We hope you can attend this important meeting!
WFFNA Annual Garage Sale
Reminder -- the deadline to sign up for the Garage Sale is Saturday, May 11th so that we may get our advertising out (need to include how many homes will be participating).
WestPark-Fiddyment Farm Neighborhood Association will hold its 3rd Annual Neighborhood Garage Sale Fundraiser event on Saturday, May 18, 2013. The advertised time posted will be 9:00 AM through 2:30 PM. Both WFFNA and its participants last year were very pleased with their results. It provides an opportunity for the residents to recycle unwanted items while raising funds for future neighborhood events.
Only a $10 sign-up fee to participate. There is a sign-up deadline (so we can do the advertising) so sign-up now.
Get more information and download the sign-up sheet here
Safe Routes To School - Drop & Walk Program
Safety - Safety - Safety. It is all about the Safety of our children as walk, ride bicycles, and are dropped off by cars and buses at our schools.
We as a community need to ensure the safety of our children as we hurry to drop them off them to school in the morning and pick them in the afternoon. At several schools in West Roseville this morning drop off and afternoon pick up process has become a dangerous situation to children walking and riding bicycles. It is just a matter of time before someone gets hurt... or worse.
Read more here
Help Identify Those Odors
On April 24, 2013, Loren and Sue Cook represented WFFNA at the Western Placer Waste Management Authority Community Meeting hosted at the Fiddyment Road facility. This was the third community meeting to discuss recent issues of escalating odors noticed by the community.
Reporting the times and types of odor noticed, they can backtrack through the monitoring equipment to track the sources of the odors and go from there to mitigate them in the future. Learn how in the article linked below...
Read more here
Don't be a victim of thefts from your vehicle
"I am Officer Bob Abbott with the Roseville Police Department. I normally work day shift patrol in beat 6, which includes the West Park Fiddyment Farms neighborhood.
I have reviewed the recent crime statistics for the neighborhood and have noticed there have been several reported incidents of thefts from both locked and unlocked
vehicles. The purpose of this email and my goal is to lower the risk of having property stolen from our vehicles or having our vehicles broken into.
I would like to provide some tips for the neighborhood as a reminder, that can prevent some of the occurrences of this crime:"
Read more here
The City's Newest Fire Station
The newest Fire Station in Roseville went operational on May 1st - and it is here in the WestPark - Fiddyment Farm Neighborhood. Located at 2501 Hayden Parkway (near Blue Oaks and Hayden Parkway) the station will initially house both a fire/rescue truck and a brush truck.
There will be an family-friendly open house Saturday May 18th from 9 am to 1 pm. Food, city resource booths, CPR demonstrations, and more.
So please stop by and welcome our newest neighbors!
Parks & Construction Update
- The W-53 Park (just South of St. John's Church) has started it's construction phase. The target completion date is Spring 2014.
- Lennar is constructing homes on both sides of Pleasant Grove - near the W-53 Park and all around the Village Center property.
- Fiddyment Elementary School (North of Blue Oaks) is progressing very well and is on schedule to open this fall.
- The planned park next to Fiddyment School has not yet been funded nor has any planning begun - so it is likely at least a couple of years off.
- Signature is grading and building infrastructure for homes on the East side of Fiddyment North of Blue Oaks (near Crocker Ranch). (this is not part of SPA 3)
- The property owner for the commercial property at Baseline Road and Fiddyment Road (part of Sierra Vista Specific Plan) has opened a permit with the city for a 736,000 sqft retail center on that corner. Expect actual construction to be a few years off.
Crossing Guards Needed
The City of Roseville - Safe Routes To School Program is looking for School Crossing Guards for our schools here in West Roseville.
If you are interested contact them here
OakMont Youth Football & Cheer
The Oakmont Jr. Vikings is a charter member of the Sierra Valley USA Football & Cheer League and have served the youth of our communities for 16 years.
- The Oakmont Jr. Vikings are open to all boys and girls ages 6 to 14 years old from Roseville and all surrounding communities.
- We offer a Mascot Cheer Squad for younger kids age 5-6
- Oakmont has State-of-the-Art Facilities for both Cheer & Football (Artificial Turf Football Field, Practice Fields @ Oakmont H.S & Excellent Equipment)
The Oakmont Jr. Vikings are taking sign ups for the upcoming 2013 football and cheer season. (download the flyer and coupon here). Our program accepts boys and girls between the ages of 6 and 14. For further information please visit our website www.oakmontjrvikings.org.
Vintage Square at WestPark Senior Apartments (2351 Wharton Lane) has Bingo in the Community Room every Thursday from 5:30pm until 8pm.
Anyone interested in playing can call the Vintage Square Office at (916)773-2246 to RSVP.
WFFNA Monthly Meetings
are usually held the 2nd Wednesday of every month at 7:00 PM. During this school year, we will meet at Chilton Middle School.
The public is always invited and may view the agenda the Sunday before each meeting on the WFFNA website. An assigned Roseville Police Officer tries to be present at the beginning of each meeting (subject to duty calls) to respond to any questions you might have.
If you have any comments or would like to have any matters placed on the agenda, please contact us here. This is your association, and we appreciate your input and participation.
Police Encourage You to Stay-Connected
If you are not already receiving police and crime updates from the Roseville Police Department, here’s how to sign up:
1. Go to the City of Roseville’s website: www.roseville.ca.us/enotify
2. Click on “new subscription”
3. Check “Public Safety and neighborhood News,” and any other City publications you’re interested in. Fill out the information with your name, email address and any password you want, and hit “submit”.
4. You’ll automatically receive bulletins in your email at least once a week for as long as you want to subscribe.
Mark Your Calendars:
- May 8 -- Public Meeting -- WestPark Phase IV Presentation, Chilton Middle School Library, 7 pm
- May 18 -- WFFNA Annual Garage Sale, more info here
- May 18 -- New Fire Station 9 Open House, 9 am to 1 pm
- May - July -- Downtown Tuesday Nights, 5 to 9 pm
- June - August -- RCONA Movie In The Park, see RCONA.org for movie schedule
Share the News...
Please do not assume your neighbors are receiving these important neighborhood updates. Please 'Print a copy' to take to a neighbor and/or forward via email to help assure all WFFNA neighbors are informed and alerted of these important neighborhood activities. Your support in the safety and quality of our neighborhood is greatly appreciated!