June 10, 2016
Submitted by Jeanne Lindberg
ROSEVILLE HISTORICAL SOCIETY PRESERVTION COMMITTEE
3RD REPORT: JUNE MEETING
Attendees: Dolly Fiddyment, Lynda Raybould, Betty Eliopolus, Sue Hallahan-Cook, Bill Rozell, Christina Richter, Jeanne Lindberg, Katherine McDuffy Smith, Brenda Fulton, Camela Corin Labhard
- The positive effects of our letter writing campaign were noted. Several more members pledged to write letters.
- Jeanne and Christina reported on our recent meeting with Dion Louthan, Director of Parks, Recreation and Libraries, and Tara Gee, Superintendent of Park Planning and Development:
o The City seems committed to involving the Historical Society and the community in the Fiddyment Historic project and promised to keep us informed. Tara Gee is to be our point of contact.
o The City issued a Request for Proposals to find a historical architect consultant for the project. Proposals are due June 30th.
o The home inspection is planned for the week of June 15th.
- We discussed the importance of communication with the citizens of Roseville about the Fiddyment Historic project:
o Katherine McDuffy Smith offered to create a website for us.
o Lynda Raybould will be creating a Facebook page for the committee.
- A preliminary discussion was begun to brainstorm ideas for future publicity/fundraising:
o Betty showed us her finished quilt (unique and intricate) created from donated neckties. It was suggested that the quilt be displayed in various businesses with a plaque about the Fiddyment project.
o A sheep dog trial event could honor local sheepherders from various cultures, tied in perhaps with a Basque family dinner.
o Other ideas center on a golfing or a restaurant chef’s dinner event.
o More ideas will be forthcoming no doubt before any actual event planning will commence.
- The Historical Society/Preservation Committee will participate in “National Night Out” presented by Westpark and Fiddyment Farms Neighborhood Associations on Tues, 8/2, from 5:00 to 8:00 PM at Festeren Park. Please plan to come!