I wanted to share the latest information from the most recent 6th High School steering committee meeting.
Current timeline for the 6th High School:
- Approvals for Architectural plans expected back in Nov/Dec of 2017
- Plans to break ground are for March/April of 2018
- Doors open for class August 2020
Agenda Items that were covered:
1) Naming a school, colors & mascots - Ron Severson, Superintendent
a.What’s next? Steering Committee Information
b.District will communicate with Elementary Schools
c.District Core Values
d.Table of Relationships
e.A-G past and current
2) CTE overview - Mike Fischer, Director of Curriculum & Assessment
3) Joe Landon- Asst. Supt. Business Services
4) Ron Severson- Survey Results (End of Presentation)
5) Small group discussion about “What do you envision at the 6th HS?”
A presentation was delivered and the link can be found here: https://goo.gl/i8PLDF
I took the liberty of getting some screen grabs of both the CTE Overview as well as the pictures that show the visualizations of the 6th High School.
Next meeting: TBD
There are no comments to display.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.