Attendees: Joe and Sue Van Zant and Loren Cook from FFNA Board; Curtis Hunter, Dan Gergis from WPNA Board; Erik Lawson from WPNA and Ted Herr from Granite Bay.
1) Future meetings: We have been confirmed to meet throughout the summer at St. John’s Episcopal Church on June 21st, July 19th, and August 16th and will continue at Chilton Middle School through the end of the year.
2) Issues/Discussion Items:
A) A summary of the Steering Committee meeting from 3-31-2016 was presented by Curtis Hunter.
1. Meeting was at Junction Library at 6:00pm with approximately 18 people in attendance, most were RJUHSD district representatives or district employees. There were 5 community members in attendance at this productive meeting.
2. The architects, the DLR group, was presenting the plans and focusing on phase one, the timeline is still on track for a 2020 opening.
3. The focus building concepts as presented by DLR are 'dynamic learning opportunities, collaboration and transparency.'
4. Concern was voiced for pushing the city and parks and recreation to build a joint-use pool on the Phillip Road side of the campus.
5. A constructive exchange of ideas were voiced to DLR including the arrangement of entrance/exit for whole campus rallies and assemblies in the gym; location of basketball courts; using common lighting masts for the soccer pitch and track facilities; paving more parking for in phase one for cost savings and portable classrooms before phase 2 is completed.
6. Concern was also voiced about parking and cooperation between the district and the Placer Valley Sports and Tourism soccer complex.
7. Input from all stakeholders was heard, and the meeting was adjourned at 8:00pm.
B) A summary of the questions we posed and the answers we received from the RJUHSD is attached. We are developing some follow-up questions to send back.
C) Curtis Hunter is drafting a letter from our committee to Roseville Elementary School District and local Parent/Teacher Organizations to introduce us and let them know that we want to be a partner to their entities.
D) Groundbreaking for the new elementary school will be Thursday, April 28th, 10:30 at the school site: 4375 Brookstone Drive in the WestPark neighborhood. Several Board members are planning to attend.
8. Loren has asked the City of Roseville to ask Signature Homes if they will be updating/improving the sign for the Sixth High School. Update to come.
9. We further discussed putting together a forum for School Board candidates for our August Meeting on August 16, 2016. Since the final filing date for candidates is August 12, 2016, we decided to have a forum at Chilton Middle School Multipurpose Room in place of our September meeting. That would be September 20, 2016. We will look into this possibility and compose questions and find a moderator.
10. Next meeting is May 19, 2016 at Chilton Library. Thank You to all who attended! Your input is invaluable.