10/12/2017 at Pete’s at the Fountains: Westpark Communities Developers Updates:
Jeff Jones and John Tallman met with Loren and Sue Cook and shared some updates on local developments:
- Village Center--application was approved and proceeding; parks meeting was to be held Mon. 10/16. Oakmont application was proceeding; should close in October; will start building next spring. Negotiating offer on the commercial property for owner/developer.
- WestPark Phase 4—storage facility should be built next spring.
- Pilot Solar project around the power plant should proceed soon.
- The soccer fields are on the “back burner” due to the Placer Fairgrounds renovation.
- CVS/Longs building on the corner of Blue Oaks and Fiddyment has a pending application and lease with Sutter Medical; they will reach out to have a presentation at next NA meeting.
- 4th Elementary School (Fiddyment Farm) is in the design phase now, applying for state funding.
- Solaire project—Lennar building 493 Active Adult units (Sierra Vista Specific Plan).
- The school district will be responsible for building the elementary school next to the active adult center in the Solaire area (not developer built like ours have been).
- Next year, building will extend south to Federico Drive and connect through to Market.
Sierra Vista Specific Plan SPA-2 application before the Planning Commission 11/9, 12/6 before City Council, and 2nd reading 12/20 or later.