There are currently a number of anomalies in testing data.
Our testing data provider, The COVID Tracking Project, is in the process of changing how it maps states’ data to the categories we use for our positivity calculations. Additionally, some states have made changes to the data they report. We are currently evaluating how best to adapt to these changes and reviewing our data inputs and calculations to ensure that we can present the most responsible and accurate view of state test positivity data. Placer County Note: Due to rapidly changing conditions, the dashboard will now be updated twice weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Additional daily Placer data is available on the state website.
CDC Updates as of July 27, 2021
- Updated information for fully vaccinated people given new evidence on the B.1.617.2 (Delta) variant currently circulating in the United States.
- Added a recommendation for fully vaccinated people to wear a mask in public indoor settings in areas of substantial or high transmission.
- Added information that fully vaccinated people might choose to wear a mask regardless of the level of transmission, particularly if they are immunocompromised or at increased risk for severe disease from COVID-19, or if they have someone in their household who is immunocompromised, at increased risk of severe disease or not fully vaccinated.
- Added a recommendation for fully vaccinated people who have a known exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 to be tested 3-5 days after exposure, and to wear a mask in public indoor settings for 14 days or until they receive a negative test result.
- CDC recommends universal indoor masking for all teachers, staff, students, and visitors to schools, regardless of vaccination status.